Lafarge currently operates two aggregate sites in Brant County: one is the Brantford Pit, located at 1018 Colborne St and the other is our West Paris Pit, located on the west side of Paris on Highway 2.
The Brantford Pit has been in operation since the 1950s. Since its early operation, this site has been providing quality granular products to Brantford and the surrounding area. Aggregate materials produced and shipped from the pit are typically used in local road construction projects as road base.
The Brantford Pit is approximately 29.4Ha, with an approved extractable area of approximately 25.6Ha. Currently, approximately one third of the site has been extracted below the water table.
The Brantford Pit has received OSSGA’s Progressive Rehabilitation Award in 2008 and their Property Enhancement Plaque most recently in 2016.